CO2 Beer Dispenser Instructions
North City Growlers offers two types of CO2 Dispensers. The Growler Tapping CO2 Kit is our best seller and the instructions for installing and using this system are below. We also carry our Real Spear CO2 System that looks like a real brewery tap and attaches easily to your Kegger or Tall Kegger. Instructions for the Real Spear Kit can be found here.
Instructions for the Growler Tapping CO2 Kit
The CO2 beer dispenser is the greatest thing since sliced bread. It is also very easy to install on The Kegger or The Tall Kegger. We have put together some simple instructions. If you have any questions or issues while trying to assemble your dispenser, please contact us.
How to Assemble and Install the Dispenser
Ensure you have all the parts required as shown in the picture (from left to right).
|Ensure the nozzle on the underside of the black cap is screwed in tightly.|
|Ensure the trigger handle on the tap handle is screwed in tightly (you can see the little notches in the picture to the right).|
|Insert the shorter rubber tubing piece into the nozzle on the underside of the black cap.|
|Insert the other end of the rubber tubing into the growler and screw the cap tightly. Make sure the rubber tubing reaches the bottom of the growler (to get every last drop of delicious beer).|
|Slide the hose clamps over each end of the longer rubber tubing piece.|
|Slide one end of the rubber tube over the nozzle on the side of the black cap and tighten the hose clamp with a screw driver.|
|Slide the other end of the rubber hose over the nozzle on the tap handle and tighten the hose clamp with a screw driver.|
|Turn the CO2 regulator to the off position (counter-clockwise).|
|Screw the CO2 regulator onto the brass thread on the top of the black cap.|
|Screw in a 16g threaded CO2 canister to the CO2 regulator.|
|BOOM! You're set! No go forth and pour, my friend!|
How to Use your CO2 Dispenser
- Ensure the CO2 regulator is off (counter clockwise).
- After filling your growler with beer, feed the rubber tube into the growler and screw in the black cap to the top of the mini keg growler.
- Slowly turn the CO2 regulator on (turn clockwise) until the pointer is around 5 PSI and wait for a minute or two.
- Slowly push down on the tap handle to dispense beer. Adjust PSI is required to maintain a steady flow of beer. The suggested range is between 5 and 10 PSI.
- You can turn the CO2 regulator off when storing your growler in the fridge. The airtight system will maintain the pressure and keep the beer from going flat for quite some time (although, do you really let beer sit in your fridge for long anyways?).
Beer Dispenser FAQ
Do you have one of our older style CO2 Dispensers? Here are the instructions!
1. Install one of the rubber tubes to the bottom of the black screw cap. Simply push one end of the rubber tube over the outlet and ensure it is snug.
7. To charge your growler with CO2, quickly press down on the round push button on the top of the regulator (or pull the short pull handle on the grey version). A quick, short press is all that is required to start the pressurization.
8. Push down on the dispenser lever to release that beautiful golden elixir. When the pressure reduces and beer slows, simply push down on the round push button (or the pull handle on the grey version) in one short quick burst (step 7) to re-pressurize the growler.
** CAUTION **
Do not press down on the round push button (or pull handle on the grey version) any more than one single quick burst at a time. Over-pressurizing the system will cause the rubber tubes to blow off the connections which will result in beer fountains (and wasted beer). You aren't supposed to cry over spilled milk, but we'll be damned if tears don't flow from spilled beer.